- Fire or visible smoke
- Structural damage or collapse
WCMC Engineering & Maintenance: 212-746-2288
NYP Engineering: 212-746-1920
- Heating or air-conditioning problem
- Water leak
- Electrical outage
- Person(s) trapped in elevator
Environmental Health and Safety Issues
- Suspected gas leak
- Hazardous material spill
- Chemical or unknown odors or fumes
Do not enter areas where electrical equipment is submerged. To prevent electrical equipment and other materials from becoming submerged and it is safe to do so:
- Unplug or turn off electrical equipment.
- Cover water-sensitive materials and equipment with plastic or tarps.
- Remove electrical equipment and other materials from the affected area to a safe location.
Stalled Elevator Procedures:
- Do NOT attempt to exit the elevator through the roof or by forcing the doors unless instructed to do so by the Fire Department or Elevator Service Company.
- Request assistance by:
- Using the elevator's emergency telephone
- Using a cell phone to call Security: 212-746-0911
- Wait for trained personnel to assist you.