If you receive or observe a suspicious object, piece of mail or package:
- Do NOT move, open, cover or interact with it.
- Move yourself and others away from the suspicious material.
- Contact Security immediately to report it from a safe location: 212-746-0911.
- Provide the following information to Security:
- Location and description of suspicious material
- Your name, phone number and location
- Follow instructions from emergency response personnel.
- If you are instructed to evacuate, follow the R.A.C.E. procedure.
Suspicious Material / Mail Characteristics:
- Oily stains, discolorations, or residue
- Protruding wires or foil
- Excessive amounts of securing material (masking tape or string)
- Restrictive markings (i.e., "Confidential", "Personal")
- No return address
- Misspellings of common words or incorrect titles
- Excessive postage or weight
- Arrived via foreign or air mail or special delivery
- Rigid envelope
- Handwritten, lopsided or uneven writing, poorly typed address